The specific outcomes of these practices are:
- Maintain content for multiple audiences together in a single document
- Transform content into various delivery formats without re-authoring
- Search for content more effectively
- Reduce production costs for delivery formats
- Reduce the manual administration of getting the right knowledge to the right people
- Reduce the cost and time to localize content
- John Davies, Marko Grobelnik, Dunja Mladenic (2008). Semantic Knowledge Management: Integrating Ontology Management, Knowledge Discovery, and Human Language Technologies.